Developer, Bridges team
Ramboll are looking for a Developer to join as a team lead in our Civil Structures team in Southampton. This is an outstanding opportunity to progress your career that will offer you challenging and varied work on large projects throughout the company.
As the Team Leader for a group of developers your role is to manage and lead the development function for ever expanding requirements. You will report to the Head of Department and manage communication between internal and external stakeholders in developed solutions. You will be working to deliver bespoke applications and help maintain and improve current systems.
You will be responsible for managing a diverse team of Software Developers, as well as stimulating and creating intelligent and long-standing solutions that have client needs at heart. You will integrate with our talented Engineering teams encouraging their thoughts towards exciting solutions. The work would be highly variable and would aim to be leading in the sector. This is an opportunity to make a mark in a sector currently being exposed to the potential of digitalisation and its benefits.
- Managing a team of developers to effectively create, optimise and maintain automated systems and processes.
- Create programming functions primarily using .NET for various instances.
- Contribute to the development of innovative solutions and more efficient ways of working
- Promote the Ramboll brand and undertake business development
- Plan, and undertake technical work on projects
- Liaising with various parties on the potential of automation, as well as a point of contact for discussing the potential of automation on a project by project basis.
- Lead an innovative thinking process and encourage it in others.
- Report information to the HOD and manage finances accordingly.
- Guide, instruct, motivate and manage assigned staff on projects.
Required Skills and Experience:
.NET (C#) - 4 years minimum
- MVC 3 or above
- SQL Server
- Cloud services
- API Development – Preferably Autodesk related products
- Experience in the Civil/Mechanical/Aeronautical or equivalent Engineering sector
- All programming experience will be considered and incorporated into this ever changing field.
- Entity Framework
- Azure (Cloud and App Services)
- MVVM frameworks
- 3D Object Programming
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Planning, organising and prioritising personal workload
- Ability to interact well with team members
- Able to act on own initiative
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holidays, private medical insurance, life assurance and group income protection. In addition, we offer a comprehensive flexible benefits package including childcare vouchers, gym membership, dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, discounts in a vast range of restaurants and shops and many more!
- Flexible working
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team within the UK
- A vibrant and inspiring culture, based on innovation and flexibility
Please note that unfortunately we are not able to process incomplete applications.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer.