Air Quality Consulting Intern
Ramboll is seeking an air quality intern to join the Denver, Colorado office in the summer of 2019. The intern will be working in a challenging and variable environment with a focus on air quality consulting.
Our goal is to afford our interns experience with a variety of projects during the summer program to broaden their understanding of how we provide solutions for complicated environmental and health & safety issues. As such, the intern will likely also work with other teams in the Denver office. The work will mainly be in the office, but field support is a possibility once appropriate training is satisfactorily completed.
In addition to hands-on environmental consulting experience, Denver office interns will also participate in a series of web-based, interactive workshops along with the other Summer 2019 Ramboll interns across the U.S.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team setting.
- Proficient at using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data.
- Experience with process simulation software such as ProMax, Aspen, HYSIS, ect. strongly preferred.
- Candidates should be working towards a degree in Chemical or Petroleum engineering and should be interested in pursuing a career in environmental consulting.
- Candidates with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and a major GPA of 3.0 or above; and with an anticipated graduation date of December 2019 or May 2020 are strongly preferred.
- Candidates must be willing to travel up to 25% on average over the summer and possess a valid driver’s license. Travel may include overnight stay and may be out of state. Travel duration may range from 1-10 days, depending upon the specific requirements of each project.
- The physical requirements of this position may include the need for climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing/sitting/walking, pushing/pulling, and lifting up to 40 lbs. In certain situations, this position may expose the candidate to extremes in weather (hot/cold); high noise levels, to hazards such as a proximity to moving machine parts and moving vehicles, electrical current and exposure to chemicals. Employees may be required to take specific training and to wear PPE on some occasions.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Ramboll conducts all of its relations with its employees and applicants for employment in accordance with the applicable laws, directives and regulations of the many countries in which we do business, and without regard to ancestry, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, military service or veteran status.
Arbeitsort Denver, CO