Here is a great opportunity to join one of the world's leading engineering consultancies Ramboll and take on a position where you will be actively involved in design of foundations for offshore wind farms. You will work on projects with colleagues in both India and Northern Europe.
We are seeking an engineer experienced with Finite Element Analyses in ANSYS Workbench for our Indian branch office in Chennai.
Your Responsibilities as Engineer
In your role as Engineer, your focus will be to carry out the following tasks in ANSYS Workbench
- Preparation of design models with good quality meshing and well-conceived boundary conditions.
- Detailed calculations of the ultimate and fatigue capacity of structural components on the turbine foundation ranging from smaller lifting attachments to larger complicated structures
- Prepare reports leading to authority approval/certification of the structures
- Provide ideas for development and optimization of procedures
You and Your Competencies
Candidates must have at least four years of professional experience in designing steel structures in ANSYS Workbench, and must have proven experience with APDL programming. Furthermore, we expect you to have the following qualifications
- Master's or PhD degree in civil or mechanical engineering from reputed colleges/universities
- Must have at least two years of professional experience in designing steel structures and welds using ANSYS Workbench and have exposure to APDL programming.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to perform complex assignments
- Strong solid mechanics background and mechanical aptitude
- Experience of programming, preferably Python
- Accustomed to working in an international environment and in accommodating to different cultures
- Strong communication skills with fluency in written and spoken English
Working at Ramboll
Ramboll is a consultancy company employing 13.000 experts in 35 countries, whereof the Offshore Wind group employs of 175 full time staff in 5 offices.
To work at Ramboll means being part of a people organisation and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are focused on knowledge sharing and collaboration across competence areas and geography, and we aim for a strong diversity among our employees. This enables us to solve a broad range of projects, and we firmly believe that cross-collaboration leads to creative and longstanding solutions. Thus, the possibilities at Ramboll are many and diverse –we invest a lot in development of people and offer career paths tailored for each individual.