EIA Manager / Associate
Ramboll is seeking strong applicants with demonstrable experience of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) management to join our expanding Birmingham EIA team. We require an individual to work predominantly in the property / infrastructure sectors, with opportunities to work in the energy and oil/gas sectors. EIA experience and knowledge of the UK planning process in relation to the property / infrastructure sectors is essential. The role will involve working as a key member of the established and growing EIA team in the delivery of a range of projects both in the UK and internationally. We are after an individual with good experience in Client liaison who will work with colleagues to help expand our growing Client base.
Key work areas will include:
- Prepare / review tender and proposal submissions (including input to project costings);
- Site inspections;
- Report writing, including drafting and/or reviewing Environmental Statement (ES) chapters;
- Coordination, management and preparation of ESs;
- Client and project team liaison;
- Line Management of junior staff;
- Attendance at project team meetings; and
- Attendance at stakeholder meetings and public consultations.
The successful candidate will have an advanced understanding of UK EIA guidelines, regulations and best practice, be self-confident, diligent, proactive, take initiative, willing to work flexible hours when required and able to build strong working relationships with colleagues, clients, and project teams. By the very nature of EIA, it is essential that the candidate will have strong organisational and communication skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to interpret environmental guidelines, policies, plans and legislative requirements;
- Ability to accurately measure and record environmental data;
- Competent and efficient report writing skills;
- Ability to work successfully with various sub-consultants in the delivery of a consistent EIA approach and ES reporting style;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English;
- Numerically competent;
- Well organised and able to prioritise their own workload with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrable proposal writing and business development skills;
- Ability to use IT packages (including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS Project) to prepare figures and project programmes; and
- Knowledge of a particular environmental specialism would be advantageous but not essential.
- Appropriate degree in environmental sciences, environmental engineering or a related environmental discipline;
- Preferably a Masters Degree in an environmental discipline but not essential;
- Full clean driving licence; and
- Prior EIA project co-ordination experience and good links to developers, planners, architects and project managers in the property sector.
Ramboll conducts all of its relations with its employees and applicants for employment in accordance with the applicable laws, directives and regulations of the many countries in which we do business.
About Environment and Health
Environment and Health is a global division of Ramboll, a leading engineering, design and consultancy company. Trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues, it has more than 2,100 staff worldwide. The Ramboll Group works across the areas of Buildings, Transport, Planning and Urban Design, Water, Environment and Health, Energy, and Management Consulting, and has more than 14,000 experts across 300 offices in 35 countries.
Our UK business employs over 250 environmental science professionals in 14 locations and covers a breadth of consulting services structured around compliance, strategy and transactions, impact assessment, new initiatives and sustainability, product safety and stewardship, contaminated land, and Water. Our clients include UK and global multinationals, local and central government and international institutions.
As well as your C.V, please include a cover letter which includes why you think you would be a good fit for the role.
Please note that unfortunately we are not able to process incomplete applications.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK.
Ramboll conducts all of its relations with its employees and applicants for employment in accordance with the applicable laws, directives, and regulations of the many countries in which we do business.