Lead Process Engineer
Are you an experienced process engineer from offshore oil and gas industry? Is it your passion to lead and mentor a group of people towards excellence? Do you enjoy knowledge sharing? Then this is the right place for you.
Work as Lead Engineer in Process department for Upstream, Mid and Downstream oil & Gas projects
As a Lead Engineer – You will have the key responsibilities of co-ordinating for process related activities for all the projects coming from Middle East office and North sea Team. shall give technical guidance to the team and undertake interdepartmental coordination with piping, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation & loss prevention department with in Chennai and other offices in ME/DK.
In your role as Lead Engineer – you have the core responsibility of meeting the QA/QC guidelines set by Ramboll in terms of Deliverables, Inter-department procedures, ME Co-ordination, Ramboll-group coordination and end Client Coordination (whenever required).
Some of your other main responsibilities are:
Development of Oil and gas facilities using process simulation tools.
- Leading the preparation of Process design packages
- Leading the preparation of Concept, Feasibility Studies
- Leading the preparation of PFD’s, PID’s, SAFE CHARTS.
- Leading Process department in HAZOP / HAZID / SIL studies workshops when necessary
- Leading the Process simulation activities using HYSYS/PIPSIM / PIPENET/PIPELINE STUDIO (TLNET & TGNET)/ HTRI.
- Leading the Process simulation activities for Transient/Surge Analysis
- Review and approve assigned deliverables produced by other members of the team.
- To issue high quality, cost effective designs and reports in a timely manner.
- Guiding others to develop DBM’s, review of process simulations, philosophies.
- Leading a team of Senior engineers, Engineers & designers.
- Leading the Process team in Client meetings and design reviews
- Experienced in Depressurization / Blowdown studies.
- Experience in Transient Studies will be plus.
- Project reporting and budget reporting in liaison with Project team.
- Preparation of Project assessment sheets for process in each REN-ME projects that are carried out in REN GEC.
- Maintain & update Project tracker (for MEDET) every week.
- Support ME Process Lead in making CTR & Proposal for the Process department activities for the Tenders in ME.
- Follow the QA/QC procedures for Project / Department
Goal oriented leader with good communications skills, pro-active, able to develop and maintain strong relationship with various stakeholders and enjoys working with people.
We imagine that your professional qualities match this
- Have a degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Have minimum of 15 years of experience with process engineering and design of refineries, Offshore, Petrochemical and Process unit, inclusive of overseas experience
- Global experience working on Concept, Pre-Feed, Feed, Detailed engineering projects
- Should have Lead a minimum of 3 major projects globally with a reasonable team of minimum 5 engineers
- Is well familiar with International codes and standards, materials, specifications, calculations and datasheets and global experience working with International Clients.
- Have sound knowledge & hands on experience in software’s like HYSYS, HTRI, PIPESIM, PIPENET, FLARENET, TLNET & TGNET. Experience in OLGA will be a plus.
- Have experience working on International projects and International clients.
- Is professionally committed and have good interpersonal and Leadership skills
- Is fluent in written and spoken English
Your new colleagues
You will be part of Ramboll Chennai, Process department consists of 10+ highly skilled colleagues, typically supporting Ramboll’s projects in other countries. (Denmark & Middle East).