Asbestos Quality Consultant - Entry Level
Ramboll Environment and Health is continuing to grow across all areas with the addition of an Asbestos Quality Consultant to be based in the Leeds office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for quality checking asbestos reports and ensuring the contents and technical aspects are in accordance with the Health and Safety guidance and the company’s procedures. The successful candidate may also be required to offer administrative support to Account Managers and assist with managing client inquiries.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Hold a BOHS P402 surveying and sampling strategies for asbestos in building or RSPH equivalent qualification
- Previous experience of performing this type of role within the asbestos industry
- Previous administrative experience and a good working knowledge of Microsoft packages and asbestos databases e.g. Simple Compliance
- An demonstrable understanding of Health and Safety procedures in relation to asbestos
- Hold a BOHS P402 surveying and sampling strategies for asbestos in building or RSPH equivalent qualification (preferred)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Have the ability to work effectively and efficiently
- Site experience of surveying would also be advantageous
Key areas of work
- Quality check all asbestos reports undertaken and ensure the technical contents are in accordance with the Health & Safety guidance and company's procedures
- Make necessary amendments to reports and liaise appropriately with consultancies or account managers with any proposed changes, amendments or discrepancies
- Ensure all the final documents meet the clients expected high standards
- Track surveys from site to report delivery within agreed timescale
- Report any project concerns to the Manager and ensure all work is carried out in accordance with the company's procedures
- Provide feedback with regards to quality and performance of site surveyors, reports, audits to the Manager
- Carry out any other ad hoc duties required by the company
Overall, the successful applicant will be competent, flexible, have good work ethos and enjoy working in a fast paced team environment.
About Environment and Health
Environment and Health is a global division of Ramboll, a leading engineering, design and consultancy company. Trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues, it has more than 2,100 staff worldwide. The Ramboll Group works across the areas of Buildings, Transport, Planning and Urban Design, Water, Environment and Health, Energy, and Management Consulting, and has more than 14,000 experts across 300 offices in 35 countries.
Our UK business employs over 250 environmental science professionals in 14 locations and covers a breadth of consulting services structured around compliance, strategy and transactions, impact assessment, new initiatives and sustainability, product safety and stewardship, contaminated land, and Water. Our clients include UK and global multinationals, local and central government and international institutions.
As well as your C.V, please include a cover letter which includes why you think you would be a good fit for the role.
Please note that unfortunately we are not able to process incomplete applications.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK.
Ramboll conducts all of its relations with its employees and applicants for employment in accordance with the applicable laws, directives, and regulations of the many countries in which we do business.