Technician, Infrastructure & Highways team
Ramboll is associated with some of the world's most respected, fully integrated infrastructure and transportation projects in both the UK and overseas. From feasibility studies, assessments and research, through planning and negotiations, to construction and operations, Ramboll provides unparalleled experience in this sector.
Ramboll’s Infrastructure & Highways team in Birmingham are looking for a proactive and enthusiastic individual seeking a career with significant growth potential. The role of Technician will involve providing technical support as part of an integrated team. The role offers a diverse range of exciting opportunities and the successful candidate will be supported to reach their full potential in the challenging field of civil engineering.
The UK Government BIM mandate and digitalisation are exciting catalysts for change disrupting traditional design processes. This has opened our industry to specialist expertise from alternative fields such as product design and computer sciences. Below we have provided some guidance on relevant experience however we take an holistic approach to candidates assessing how an individual would benefit the team.
- Producing 2D and 3D computer models and engineering drawings
- Providing assistance in cad and design for Highways / Infrastructure projects
- Producing technical supporting data such as swept path analysis, technical reports and calculations
- Producing visualisations and animations
- Lead project CAD setup in ProjectWise
- Be a proactive team member engaging is business development
- Apply policies relating to health and safety, quality, and training
- Assist with site surveys and inspections
- Management of information in accordance with company procedures
Education and Professional Qualifications:
- HND/HNC with good and appropriate experience
- Professional experience in the preparation and management of 2D/3D engineering drawings for Highways and Infrastructure projects
- Professional experience in operating the latest versions of AutoCad
- Professional experience / Knowledge in the use of 3d modelling applications such as Civil 3D
- Experience in working in Common Data Environment such as ProjectWise
- Will ideally have previous relevant experience in drawing of highways and infrastructure projects.
- A desire to learn and grow
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Planning, organising and prioritising personal workload skills
- Ability to interact well with other team members
- Able to act on own initiative
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holidays, private medical insurance, life assurance and group income protection. In addition, we offer a comprehensive flexible benefits package including childcare vouchers, gym membership, dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, discounts in a vast range of restaurants and shops and many more!
- Flexible working
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team within the UK
- A vibrant and inspiring culture, based on innovation and flexibility
As well as your C.V, please include a cover letter and provide the following information
- Why you think you would be a good fit for the role
- Your notice period in your current position (or if immediately available)
Please note that unfortunately we are not able to process incomplete applications.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer.