Senior EIA Consultant
Ramboll’s Environment and Health division is seeking an experienced EIA Senior Consultant to be based in the Edinburgh office. Demonstrable EIA experience across a range of sectors is required. The focus of the role is predominantly on UK projects in the energy (renewables), linear infrastructure and property sectors, with the potential to support international ESIA. The successful candidate should have a thorough understanding of environmental consenting processes in the UK and an advanced understanding of the EIA process and regulations. The role will involve working as a key member of an established EIA team in the delivery of a range of projects, across all sectors.
The successful candidate will have an advanced understanding of UK EIA best practice and regulations, be self-confident, diligent, proactive, willing to work flexible hours when required and able to build strong working relationships with colleagues, clients, and project teams. By the nature of EIA, it is essential that the candidate will have strong organisational and communication skills and excellent attention to detail.
Responsibilities may include:
· Desk based environmental baseline data collection and interpretation
· Site inspections
· Report writing and preparation of figures, including drafting and/or reviewing Impact Assessment chapters
· Client and project team liaison
· Attendance at stakeholder meetings and public consultations
· Coordination, management and preparation of EIA Reports
· Coaching/ mentoring junior staff
· Ability to interpret environmental guidelines, policies, plans and legislative requirements
· Ability to accurately measure and record environmental data
· Competent and efficient report writing skills
· Ability to work successfully with various sub-consultants in the delivery of a consistent EIA approach and reporting style
· Excellent English communication skills, both oral and written
· Numerically competent
· Well organised and able to prioritise their own workload with minimal supervision
· Ability to use a range of IT packages (including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS Project) – experience using GIS software for figure production would be beneficial
· Knowledge of a particular environmental specialism would be advantageous but not essential
· Appropriate degree in environmental sciences, environmental engineering or a related environmental discipline
· Masters degree in an environmental discipline (advantageous)
· Full clean driving licence
· Prior EIA project management experience on complex projects
About Environment and Health
Environment and Health is a global division of Ramboll, a leading engineering, design and consultancy company. Trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues, it has more than 2,100 staff worldwide. The Ramboll Group works across the areas of Buildings, Transport, Planning and Urban Design, Water, Environment and Health, Energy, and Management Consulting, and has more than 14,000 experts across 300 offices in 35 countries.
Our UK business employs over 250 environmental science professionals in 14 locations, and covers a breadth of consulting services structured around compliance, strategy and transactions, impact assessment, new initiatives and sustainability, product safety and stewardship, contaminated land, and Water. Our clients include UK and global multinationals, local and central government and international institutions.
Ramboll conducts all of its relations with its employees and applicants for employment in accordance with the applicable laws, directives, and regulations of the many countries in which we do business.