Multidiscipline Engineer - Buildings
We invite you to bring your experience of Buildings Design into play as you will manage the collaboration between different discipline. You would be responsible for supervising the team in respect of project delivery. To succeed in this role, you must have B.E/B. Tech degree in Civil Engineering from an institute of repute. M.E/ M. Tech. Are you our new Multidiscipline Engineer - Buildings? Click the apply-button to send your application.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Buildings department
As our new Multidiscipline Engineer - Buildings you will be part of Ramboll Engineering Centre (REC) was established as a dedicated institution for creating the excellence centre in Ramboll. REC focusses on providing global expertise using local resources from India. Facilitates cooperation between India, business units in Europe and the Middle East specifically for the Buildings, Transport and Water sectors.
This big team is divided into groups of dedicated personnel working for structures in UK, Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway who sometimes also work across these boundaries. They are virtual team mates working on common projects, prime business units in the above countries being the ones who coordinate with the clients and other consultants as well as with REC to pass on the design solutions to the user. The wide range in type of projects vary from high rise structures, to precast, to post tensioning etc., for some regions to industrial structures depending on the country you are working for. The most attractive thing is in spite of the challenges of working across continents, because of the culture of planning ahead and ability to understand each other’s needs, everyone works in a peaceful and lively manner, enjoyment and empowerment being some of the Ramboll values.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Communicating with clients, assuring quality of deliverables and managing timely deliveries.
- Ensure the use of consistent design standards and best practices on projects in line with the technical direction of the discipline
- Work in collaboration with Structural Design Engineer/MEP/Transport and project execution.
- Study of customer inputs, analyze and plan the tasks.
- Ensure on-time delivery of Concrete / Steel Design drafting, as per commitment and scope, in line with full functionality of the system.
- Workload management, staffing and resourcing
- Participate in continuous improvement activities by identifying and appropriately escalating process and product quality gaps, providing solutions when possible
- Participate in technical reviews and contributing to tech discussions
- Develop unique concepts/solutions for complex problems
- Assist Team leader in planning the development of technical competence of the team.
- Take on the role key account manager; help the GEC training academy in preparing the training material/imparting the trainings.
- Mentoring and supervising less experienced engineers.
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- B.E/B. Tech degree in Civil Engineering from an institute of repute. M.E/ M. Tech would be desirable.
- Must possess at least 8+ years of experience working on designing Concrete / Steel structures.
- Dynamic persons to lead a team of design/MEP engineers and detailers focused on the design of Concrete / Steel structures.
- Experience in handling a multidiscipline project is must.
- Experience in designing concrete / steel structures, both super structure and sub-structure is essential.
- Experience of working on projects from UK/ Scandinavian countries/ Middle East countries is welcome.
- Most importantly candidate must have a solid technical understanding of the statics of structures, must have in depth experience at designing structural members and connections, and must be able to effectively manage a team of engineers and detailers.
- Good English communication skills are required. And should be able to communicate with his/ her counterparts from other countries.
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include:
Excellent English communication skills are required with superior stakeholder management skills.
lead the project with collaboration where many disciplines are involved. Would be responsible for supervising the team in respect of project delivery.
Welcome to our Buildings division
As one of the top 10 building designers in the world, Ramboll works on more than 10,000 building projects each year. 4,000 experts across the world specialise in creating more innovative, sustainable and liveable buildings. We place particular emphasis on our liveable buildings concept where we balance the cultural, social and physical values of buildings, to improve the quality of life for building users.
Ramboll in India
Ramboll has more than 1,000 experts working across five offices in India applying their passion to deliver innovative solutions in markets as diverse as Buildings, Transport, Planning & Urban Design, Water, Environment & Health and Energy. Founded in Denmark, Ramboll is a people company. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future working in an open, collaborative and empowering culture.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.