Principal Engineer, Geotechnical team
We invite you to bring your experience as a technical team leader into play as you contribute to the procurement of new work for Ramboll Geotechnical teams and other disciplines. To succeed in this role you must have gained full membership of an appropriate professional institution, and have a good degree in Civil Engineering (or equivalent) ideally with Civil Engineering Meng. Are you our new Principal Engineer? Click the apply-button to send your application.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Transport department
As our new Principal Engineer you will be part of our Geotechnical team in our Southampton Office. Our Southampton office is located on the fringes of the New Forest, offering a tranquil working environment, despite being only a short drive from Southampton City centre. Ramboll operates a flexible working policy, and with this you will be part of an exciting team of experts, who respect each other and work towards a common goal.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Taking responsibility for the delivery of geotechnical services to external clients or other disciplines within Ramboll for projects of a variety of scale and form part of a team delivering larger, more complex projects under the leadership of the discipline manager
- Prepare bid and contract documentation
- Prove ability in financial arrangements for projects including fee forecasting, fee preparation, and allocation
- Provide support to others in relation to the implementation of policies relating to health and safety, and design quality
- Provide guidance, instruct, motivate, and manage assigned staff on the project
- Responsible for the competency assessment of staff involved in the project
- Able to prepare single discipline bid documentation (in association with other disciplines)
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- BEng/MEng (Hons) Degree in Civil Engineering
- A Master’s Degree in a suitable ground engineering discipline would be an advantage
- Chartered Engineer or Chartered Geologist, MICE/FGS
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include:
Will have a proven record as a competent Project Manager on a number of projects, with an ability to communicate material of a specialist or highly technical nature clearly, and to be recognized as able to influence people (staff and clients.
Welcome to our Transport division
Ramboll’s 3,000 transport specialists work together with authorities, private contractors and cities to develop holistic mobility solutions. From Aviation to Bridges and Tunnels to Rail, we aim to ensure that people and goods can move in the most effective and sustainable way possible. Our increasing focus on Smart Mobility approaches the challenge of mobility by integrating urban planning with all modes of transport and digitalisation.
Ramboll in the United Kingdom
Ramboll is ranked a Top 10 consultant in the UK and has 1,500 bright minds working across 17 offices to apply their passion to deliver innovative solutions across Buildings, Transport, Environment & Health and Energy. We love seeing our talents develop and succeed and you will have opportunities to work on challenging and inspiring projects within an environment that is friendly, open and supportive.
Please ensure when applying that you have eligibility to work in the UK.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.