Senior Planner, Project Management team
Ramboll is seeking an experienced planner to join the Project Management Transport team in our Birmingham office. The successful candidate will provide planning services for internal and external clients on a wide range of transport schemes including civils/highways, rail infrastructure (including high speed rail) and aviation.
The role will involve planning of projects across the UK, and possibly also in overseas locations. Therefore, notwithstanding that the position will predominantly be office based, including potentially working from co-located client/project offices, occasional travel will be necessary
- Produce tender stage and contract programmes from client specifications.
- Provide planning and resource scheduling support for Project Managers and Engineering design team.
- Prepare, monitor, co-ordinate and maintain detailed project programmes, including critical path analysis, encompassing design.
- Prepare Earned Value Analysis.
- Prepare relevant "S" curves.
- Liaison with client, project team, and sub-contractors to obtain progress update and advise status.
- Analyse the activities, durations, links, and critical path; inform the Project Managers when variations or delays from the plan are detected; forecast completion dates; and recommend recovery plans to mitigate delays.
- Maintain programme information to enable accurate records of contract history to be accessed.
- Identification and implementation of project planning processes & procedures.
- Support, assist and coach less experienced planners.
Skills and Experience:
- Design / construction experience preferred in Infrastructure / Buildings.
- Significant experience in all aspects of planning and scheduling in Primavera P6.
- Working knowledge of MS Project preferable.
- Good working knowledge of Excel.
- Experience or knowledge of resourcing, progress measurement, earned value analysis, completion forecasting and status reporting
- A confident and professional manner, coupled with excellent communication skills, with clients and colleagues alike, to ensure clarity in all situations and to effectively influence.
- Self-motivated and able to work well on your own initiative.
- Highly organised and able to prioritise.
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships across the wider teams.
- Ability to work well under pressure and proven ability to deliver to deadlines.
- Ideally possess good knowledge in NEC conditions of contract for construction.
- Full UK driving licence.
Education and Professional Qualifications:
- A degree qualification is preferred but not essential.
- Preferably a member or associate member of an appropriate construction focused association or institute, or if not currently a member of such organisation you will be required to work towards and achieve this qualification within a reasonable agreed timeframe.
- Planning and Health and Safety qualifications appropriate to role. Training can be provided.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holidays, private medical insurance, life assurance and group income protection. In addition, we offer a comprehensive flexible benefits package including childcare vouchers, gym membership, dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, discounts in a vast range of restaurants and shops and many more!
- Flexible working
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team within the UK
- A vibrant and inspiring culture, based on innovation and flexibility
As well as your C.V, please include a cover letter and provide the following information
- Why you think you would be a good fit for the role
- Your notice period in your current position (or if immediately available)
Please note that unfortunately we are not able to process incomplete applications.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer.